Okay, so my realtor called. They counter offered, high of course, but we are willing to split the difference and counter their counter.
But get this, they want an answer by 5pm today. What the...? Hello, I would like to kinda, I don't know, DISCUSS THIS MAJOR LIFE DESCION WITH MY HUSBAND! Holy crap, not even 24 hours. So I told the realtor that is not even happening, tomorrow afternoon at the earliest.
AND they want to put in a contingency that they only sell on their purchase of another house. Um, dudes, I know I want to buy your house and all, but you buying another house has exactly jack shit with me buying yours, so that will not be happening. Just so you know, we will WALK AWAY none the worse for wear. Okay, our realtor told their realtor this was not happening and they took it off.
AND they want to close by the 21st! I am not a mathematical genius, but that is less than 30 days and the bank is probably going to poo-poo that. Even if I would love to take possession that early.
Jebus, I can't wait to see what the inspection comes up with.
Woo, house buying is fun.
And just so this isn't all about house buying, here are some "people" I have received spam from over the last week:
Rifled L. Altitudes
Qualities E. Wetness
Cerulean G. Privatization
Burke E. Cardboard
ETA: I want to say that I rant about all this completely aware that in no short time I will be/could be in their shoes. And while I don't need to buy this house, if I do I will need someone to buy mine. I am stuffing all these experiences in the big old lessons learned box.
And they let us have until noon tomorrow to respond. How kind.